EDIT: This offer has now expired; thank you to everyone that took us up on the offer!
To celebrate Deaf Awareness Week we will be offering 10% off all of our products in store for one week only. The 10% off offer is only valid from the 6th until the 12th of May 2013.
Our parent charity, ELDS, is also offering free Deaf Awareness training sessions in Blackburn, Burnley, Lancaster and Preston – for more information including information on how to book a place, then please visit the ELDS website by clicking here.
When is Deaf Awareness Week?
In 2013, Deaf Awareness Week is from the 6th until the 12th of May 2013.
What is Deaf Awareness Week?
Deaf Awareness Week is a unique campaign in that so many different organisations participate, each able to promote their own work within the broad spectrum of deafness.
Deafness – some facts from their poster:
- 1 in 6 people in the UK are deaf or hard of hearing.
- More than 45,000 children in the UK are deaf.
- About 2 million people in the UK have hearing aids.
- Nearly 3.7 million people of working age have hearing loss, 135,000 of them are severely or profoundly deaf.
- Adults and children who are deaf or hard of hearing face communication barriers which can cause:
- Lack of confidence.
- Exclusion from society.
For more information on Deaf Awareness Week, please visit the UKCoD website at: http://www.deafcouncil.org.uk/deaf-awareness-week.html